The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson

In this book Mr Manson offers a no nonsense, funny and sometimes uncomfortable reality that is both refreshing and honest. He outlines in some very blunt, practical and thought provoking arguments for why the old mantra of "thinking positive" is not really the most helpful or productive way to approach life, all while using the word "Fuck" in a great deal of interesting ways (points just for that!). He also points out how we let trivial and meaningless distractions and unimportant clutter waste our time and make us feel like shit. How we hold on to toxic ideas and why we often give a fuck about the wrong things.

Reading this book I myself, almost at every topic in fact, thinking "Huh... never framed it that way", and that is what this book does best. It helps show us how to frame our thoughts, problems and priorities in a way that really lets us let go of the bullshit and start thinking and prioritizing the stuff that really matters.

Not only did I love every part but while reading I thought constantly about all the people in my life that needed to read this. As soon as I finished I told my best friend she needed to read it and then promptly played it for her (I own the audio book) on our last road trip.

I am not sure there is much more I can say other than this should be on your list of must reads!

Buy it on Amazon

Comments